Database tables crash from time to time. However, this can be prevented to the minimum by optimizing them. Here’s how you can repair and optimize database tables using phpMyAdmin.
Repair MySQL Database Tables
- Open the phpMyAdmin tool.
- Open the Databases tab.
- Click on the name of the database to be repaired.
- Select the tables that need repair by ticking the check-boxes on the left of the table names.
- Use the With Selected: drop down menu.
- Choose Repair Table.
The tables will be automatically repaired and you will be presented with a page showing the results from the repair operation.
Backup your database before you repair them.
Optimize MySQL Database Tables
- Select all of the tables that you want optimized by ticking the checkbox next to their name. T
- Use the With Selected: drop down menu
- Choose Optimize table.
The optimization will be performed automatically and a new page will open that shows the result of the operation.